GUEST SURVEY RESULTS: LeanIX surveyed enterprise architects and IT leaders from 140 companies around the world about the strategic relevance and urgency of various IT initiatives, including technical debt, cloud migration, safety and durability.
LeanIX (https://www.leanix.net/), the platform that enables continuous transformation across the enterprise, today announced the release of its enterprise architecture and IT strategy survey. Among key findings, the survey found that 41% of enterprise architects (EAs) and IT managers consider reducing technical debt and modernizing legacy systems to be the top IT priority. In support of this, nearly 60% of respondents gave high priority to migrating key applications to the cloud.
For the full survey results, please download the report here.
Between December 2021 and January 2022, LeanIX surveyed EAs and IT leaders from over 140 global companies. According to the survey results, reducing technical debt is a clear priority for EAs. Technical debt — extra unplanned work a company must perform to upgrade or modify technical systems — poses a security risk, avoids IT operations costs, and hinders innovation. The survey revealed that EAs are eager to take on this challenge:
- 96% of respondents agreed that their company had at least one project planned for this year aimed at reducing technical debt.
- 52% of respondents said that the removal of computer applications, which are no longer used but still consume resources, is the main initiative to reduce technology debt.
In addition to the risk and inefficiency associated with it, technical debt also impacts other critical organizational priorities and initiatives, such as cloud migration. 24% of respondents said cloud initiatives should be a top IT priority. This relatively low number could be because many companies already have at least some workloads in the cloud or have already started their cloud transformation journey. When asked which cloud initiatives were most important, the survey found that 60% of EAs were focused on moving key applications to the cloud. Migration to the cloud, when done well, involves optimization for the cloud. Technical debt can get in the way of this optimization, which is why technical debt management is a necessary complement to a successful cloud strategy.
The second most important cloud initiative (41%), according to the survey, is increasing the amount of SaaS in enterprise application portfolios. Replacing on-premises or self-developed systems with SaaS solutions is a proven method to reduce technical debt.
Additional Considerations for IT Leadership
According to the survey results, EAs and IT managers are clearly focused on reducing technical debt and moving key applications to the cloud. However, there are other IT strategies that are on the rise:
- Key safety initiatives are finalized: While only 16% of respondents viewed evolving and improving their security posture as a top priority, more than two-thirds overall viewed security initiatives such as improving assessment capabilities risks and the adoption of Zero Trust technologies as important or very important.
- The case of value stream management (VSM):73% of respondents agree that EAs should link more closely to software development and expand collaboration. Nearly three quarters of respondents agree on the importance of tracking the business impact of software development, a key principle of VSM.
- Lack of commitment to sustainability: Many companies publicly claim a commitment to sustainability, but only 52% of IT leaders surveyed reported concrete sustainability initiatives in their organizations for 2022. The majority of these initiatives focused on collecting data and reporting.
LeanIX’s Continuous Transformation® Platform is trusted by enterprise IT and product IT to achieve complete visibility and superior governance. Global customers organize, plan, and manage IT environments with LeanIX’s automated, data-driven approach. Offering enterprise architecture, SaaS management, and value stream management, LeanIX helps organizations make smart decisions and accelerate transformation journeys. LeanIX has hundreds of customers worldwide, including Adidas, Atlassian, Bosch, Dropbox, Santander or Workday. The company is based in Bonn, Germany, with offices in Boston, San Francisco and around the world.
SONICWALL CYBER THREAT REPORT 2022
The last year has seen a meteoric rise in ransomware incidents around the world.
Over the past 12 months, threat researchers at SonicWall Capture Labs have diligently tracked the meteoric rise in cyberattacks, as well as trends and activity across all threat vectors, including:
Zero-day attacks and more
These exclusive findings are now available through the SonicWall Cyber Threat Report 2022, which ensures that SMBs, government agencies, enterprises and other organizations have the actionable threat intelligence needed to combat the growing wave of cybercrime.
Click the button below to get the report.
PROMOTE YOUR WEBINAR ON ITWIRE
It’s all about webinars.
Marketing budgets are now focused on webinars combined with lead generation.
If you want to promote a webinar, we recommend at least a 3-4 week campaign before your event.
The iTWire campaign will include numerous advertisements on our news site itwire.com and a major newsletter promotion https://itwire.com/itwire-update.html and promotional and editorial news. Plus a keynote speaker video interview on iTWire TV https://www.youtube.com/c/iTWireTV/videos which will be used in promotional messages on the iTWire homepage.
Now that we are coming out of Lockdown, iTWire will focus on supporting your webinars and campaigns and providing support through partial payments and extended terms, a Webinar Business Booster pack and other support programs. We can also create your advertisements and written content and coordinate your video interview.
We look forward to discussing your campaign goals with you. Please click the button below.
MORE INFO HERE!